F22b1 rebuild

Post information for engine swaps, transmission swaps and anything else that covers engine and driveline information.
Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

F22b1 rebuild

Postby Ben » June 16th, 2017 07:03 PM

Is anybody here any more? I hate checkin and seeing no new posts.

Well..... paintin my wagon has been delayed again. Hasn't been runnin great but I'm gonna take advantage of my affordable mechanic neighbor again. He rebuilt my b18b1 in my Integra and did a great job last year. My wife and I are planning on moving in the next year or so, and my f22 has had a tick in the bottom end since I bought it. Figure the time is right. Started ordering some parts and tryin to give it a little more power when he rebuilds it. I will not turbo it or change the motor. I already ordered the same stage 2 clutch lightweight flywheel combo I have in my Integra. I plan on getting my camshaft re-ground to more aggressive specs, adjustable cam gear, header, making it tuneable and getting it tuned. Anything else I should replace while he's got it apart? I've kinda reached what I want to spend now, but if there is something necessary or that will make more power for a couple hundred, I should do it now. Obviously I will be replacing all the gaskets, belts, pumps etc that are standard and he will let me know what he thinks as far as pistons/rods. I will be taking the head and block to a machine shop, probably just to be cleaned, but who knows.
Garage: 94 Accord EX wagon 5 speed/ 97 Integra LS hatch 5 speed/ 03 Accord EXL coupe Auto (girlfriend's)

Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

Re: F22b1 rebuild

Postby Ben » June 29th, 2017 04:31 PM

Motor is half way done. I went with a Delta Camshaft 260 re-grind, DC Sports ceramic header and kept everything else stock. I'm interested to hear it idle with the 260 cam. Its going to be hard waiting 500 miles to get on it and see if it has much power. Not trying to be the fastest, just trying to have a little more fun with what I got.
Garage: 94 Accord EX wagon 5 speed/ 97 Integra LS hatch 5 speed/ 03 Accord EXL coupe Auto (girlfriend's)