Can't Rev past 3000 RPM - CEL No Code? High speed miss 1991

Post information for engine swaps, transmission swaps and anything else that covers engine and driveline information.
Hodag
Wagon Owner

Re: Can't Rev past 3000 RPM - CEL No Code? High speed miss 1

Postby Hodag » June 2nd, 2016 08:10 PM

John wrote:Glad to hear it's running right. The engines (and manual transmissions) are amazing.

I want another one. I keep saying next year, a Texas car, but I'm looking and less are for sale. Roof rack is even harder to find. But a 1997 manual transmission, EX would be the real deal. Mine is a Wisconsin car all it's life. The salt is a killer. Saw one in FL last year, nice well maintained, slightly custom, EX and it looked perfect.

And the traitor in me says, just get an Odyssey and be done with the love story. I'll keep the 91 as my second car. Or break down and get a manual transmission LX and suffer without the Sun Roof that I never open. (but I love the view and light) Off the whole track and strange ideas, the Anniversary - which was only auto and no Sun roof, sedan.

Anyway maybe someone with a manual transmission EX wagon, any year = no rust - will see this and feel free to PM or email.

John

Postby John » June 2nd, 2016 09:41 PM

The last year Honda made an EX wagon with a manual was 1994. The LX continued to have a manual through 1997.

The only reason my 1997 EX has a manual is that it was swapped for the original automatic.
1997 Accord EX 5-speed wagon (auto to 5-speed swap)

Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby Ben » June 3rd, 2016 08:43 PM

Very hard to find. It is possible if you are patient. Took me about 10 years of occasionally checking craigslist. Had to drive a state over. I didn't like the color, but I had finally found one. Now I like the color, and after 2 years, its still my dream car. It could use paint and the interior has character. Drove decent. Spent $3,000 2 years ago. Guy didn't know how rare it was. Said he would probably look for another one in a couple years. He had just bought it a year prior and wanted to get close to what he spent. I think some small issues that kept it from running correctly convinced him to get something else. Said he wasn't getting good mpg too. I replaced a leaky valve gasket, slapped an intake on it and lowered it a few inches and I get great MPG.

Be persistant but just know someday you will find one.
Garage: 94 Accord EX wagon 5 speed/ 97 Integra LS hatch 5 speed/ 03 Accord EXL coupe Auto (girlfriend's)

John

Postby John » June 4th, 2016 02:08 PM

Yeah, I bought mine in California (and I live in Michigan). If you want a good one, you need to be looking nationally and be willing to have it shipped or go out yourself and drive it back. I once took the bus to Virginia to pick up up a 1992 Civic VX that had no rust on it. I didn't care about the engine or suspension, as I swapped in a Civic Si engine and Integra Type R suspension - I just needed it to run long enough to get me home.
1997 Accord EX 5-speed wagon (auto to 5-speed swap)