Hello from Hephzibah, ga.

Make yourself welcome and introduce yourself to everyone on AWC.
First Sargeant
Wagoneer

Hello from Hephzibah, ga.

Postby First Sargeant » January 18th, 2018 01:01 AM

My name is Julio. I am retired from the military and from teaching at a community college. For the last 25 1/2 years our daily driver has been a 1992 Accord wagon EX. We love the car and we have a lot of fond memories of the car. It is stock, but 2 years ago I made the mistake to install Honda sedan shocks ( Honda dealer told me that the wagon shocks were not longer available) The rear ones are gone/bad. The front ones are still descent , but just does not feel right when we drive it unless it has a full tank of fuel. The car has all new rubber suspension bushings, all ball joins are good and it has a fresh wheel alignment done by Honda dealer. I need to install new shocks all around. What do you recommend? I do not do any sport driving or spirited driving and do not intend to lower the car. Glad to meet all of you and thank you for the help.

LokRobster
LT. Wagon to you !

Re: Hello from Hephzibah, ga.

Postby LokRobster » January 23rd, 2018 07:30 PM

For stock shocks replacements, go with a mid-to-high quality type. Every auto parts listing basically treats sedan and wagon and the same now, so you won't find wagon-specific shocks. If you're paying $50 for each shock, it's probably weak low quality stuff. According to my buddy that manages a Pep Boys shop, a good quality modern strut is at least as good as OEM - and strong enough to handle a wagon's weight. that's why no one offers the wagon specific anymore.

About 2 years ago I got KYB shocks (the spring/strut assembly) on my 97 wagon (about $100-$120 per corner on RockAuto) and they were pretty good, i'd do those again.

LokRobster
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby LokRobster » January 23rd, 2018 07:31 PM

aaaand i'm sure you noticed the lack of activity on our wagon boards.... lol

First Sargeant
Wagoneer

Postby First Sargeant » January 25th, 2018 04:27 PM

LokRobster, Thank you for the advise/help. I suppose the lack of activity is mainly due to not too many accord wagons were made and that very few are still around. I know of only one 1992 accord LX wagon in my the area. In the last ten years or so I have only seen a 1991 and a 1995 wagons in the junk yards between Augusta and Atlanta. Thank you again for the help.