91 + 92 wagon

Make yourself welcome and introduce yourself to everyone on AWC.
91wagonEx___
Wagoneer

91 + 92 wagon

Post by 91wagonEx___ » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:14 am

Hey y'all, my name is Rick and I'm new here, I'm in Austin, Texas, and here's my story. I inherited my 91 wagon with 100k and a savaged title, she was great to me for years, she took me through 4 states, 2 relationships and 80kish miles. Last year, probably due to my neglect, she finally gave out on me. What exactly happened, I'm not sure, I was driving now her one day and I started hearing a ticking/knocking sound that got worse with acceleration. So after stopping and doing an overdue oil change ( although oil didn't look to bad no metal flakes or anything and not to old) I decided to try to make it back home, on the trip back it suddenly it squeeled real loud then jerked hard then stalled. I towed it home, and it hasn't started since. I always intended to fix it, I even bought a donor 92 wagon that had some nice parts I needed. But work and a new wife along with building a home took my time and money. The time has come to get rid of both the wagons, even though I love my 91, I just can't have it sitting around my property anymore. The last thing I want is to see it rotting and being abused at the local junk yard but being that it needs Work and is a salvaged title, it's not worth much so I can't really sell it on Craigslist or eBay, so I figured I'd come here and see what y'all think I should do with her. Any advice is appreciated, thanks for the help!