Salutations from Atlanta

Make yourself welcome and introduce yourself to everyone on AWC.
okoria
Wagoneer

Salutations from Atlanta

Postby okoria » May 25th, 2018 10:16 AM

Aloha from Atlanta! I am 47 and a caregiver for my grandmother with dementia. Her 89th birthday is this weekend.

I am an after-school instructor for 5 and six year olds. It is more challenging than you would think! I am working through Hands On Atlanta. The program aims to expose children from impoverished schools with science tech engineering and math principles at an early age. The hope is that they will be more successful in school and eventually pursue careers in those areas. I have a masters degree in social work and most of my experience has been working with teens in foster care. I have been learning a lot from this younger population. Most of the kids I work with are not where they should be as far as knowing their ABC's but they are teaching me a lot.
I have two hounds that were both strays-they saw the sucker sign over my head. have often looked up information about mechanical issues on this forum and it was very helpful. Being a woman it is always good to have an idea of what is going on before going to the mechanic. I have driven a 95 Wagon to over 400,000 miles. Sadly shortly after this milestone, I drove it through a large puddle and it has not run since. Of course, this was just after I replaced the tires and fixed the AC!
I am not that knowledgeable about mechanics but hope to find someone who can use this one to keep theirs going. Besides the engine being kaput there are a lot of good parts. I would be grateful for any advice on places besides here to list it. I got a lot of responses from Craigslist but all of them are scams! I am asking $800 does that seem reasonable?

mart609
LT. Wagon to you !

Re: Salutations from Atlanta

Postby mart609 » May 29th, 2018 05:22 AM

Hi and welcome.
I'm from the UK so can't really help you on price

okoria
Wagoneer

Re: Salutations from Atlanta

Postby okoria » July 10th, 2018 02:24 AM

Thank you for the welcome anyway!