Roof rack for a '91 wagon

A place to request parts you need.
dangcookie
Wagoneer

Roof rack for a '91 wagon

Postby dangcookie » February 24th, 2016 11:04 PM

I've had my '91 EX wagon since 1994 and am in the process of cleaning her up from top to bottom. I'm looking to put a roof rack on her. If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it!

David in Seattle
David in Seattle
  • 1991 Honda Accord EX Shaggin' Wagon (named Bessie)
  • Owned since 1994 and never parting with her.
  • Low miles, new transmission, new paint and gorgeous!

Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

Re: Roof rack for a '91 wagon

Postby Ben » February 26th, 2016 05:42 AM

I'm sure you've already been to U Pull Honda (I think its called) near Fort Lewis. Haven't been there in a long time, but it would be worth lookin into. I live further south but theres a couple places down here (Pick A Part and a foreign only junk yard called B-n-H, I believe), but those are near Olympia. Worth given em a call. Last time I went to Pick A Part I believe they had one 4th gen wagon, but no 5th gens, which is what I was lookin for. I think there is a Pick A Part in Tacoma or Seattle, unless I'm thinkin of the U Pull or whatever its called. You might try a craigslist wanted ad to, cause theres gotta be someone that would rather have a few bucks than the rack they never use. Good luck man. I will ask around to see if any buddies know where to find one locally.
Garage: 94 Accord EX wagon 5 speed/ 97 Integra LS hatch 5 speed/ 03 Accord EXL coupe Auto (girlfriend's)

Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby Ben » February 26th, 2016 05:47 AM

^ I just noticed the side pic of my car in my signature is at Pick A Part in Tumwater/Olympia. Just looked it up, it looks like its called Pick-n-Pull now.
Garage: 94 Accord EX wagon 5 speed/ 97 Integra LS hatch 5 speed/ 03 Accord EXL coupe Auto (girlfriend's)

dangcookie
Wagoneer

Postby dangcookie » February 26th, 2016 04:26 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. I will definitely give these places a call to see what might be in the yard.

David
David in Seattle

dangcookie
Wagoneer

Postby dangcookie » February 26th, 2016 05:17 PM

Hi again, Ben,
I located a roof rack from a '93 wagon (which I assume is compatible) from BNR using their online tool. $70 with shipping. I am new to junk yard salvaging and I am LOVING IT. Thank you so much for the hook up, man!
David in Seattle
David in Seattle

dangcookie
Wagoneer

Postby dangcookie » March 5th, 2016 04:49 PM

UPDATE: BNR hosed me. After a week I called to check on my order, and the salesman told me: Oops, it looks like the part wasn't actually available. Even though he put me on hold when I made my order last week to check that the part was indeed on the vehicle. When was he going to call to let me know? Remember, I ALREADY paid. What a turkey and a complete heart break for me.

Bottom line: I'm still interested in locating a roof rack.
David in Seattle

John

Postby John » March 7th, 2016 08:07 PM

I've used Beavers Honda and Acura auto salvage a number of times:
http://www.beavershondasalvage.com/

Not necessarily the cheapest, but they seem to have everything, they box it up while they are talking to you, and they are really good about taking things back.
1997 Accord EX 5-speed wagon (auto to 5-speed swap)

Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby Ben » March 7th, 2016 08:17 PM

Man, really? Sorry to hear that David. I've always had good experiences with them, but it was always in person. I know they've changed ownership a couple times though. You got a full refund though, right?

dangcookie
Wagoneer

Postby dangcookie » March 8th, 2016 05:04 AM

Yep, they refunded me, but it was a real disappointment. It was like Christmas all week for me, waiting for what I thought would be a luggage rack in the mail.

Are there other chains with a big selection of cars, like B&R, which allow you to order parts off of a car? I notice that Pick n Pull does not have that option, for example.
David in Seattle

Ben
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby Ben » March 8th, 2016 06:57 PM

Honestly I would look for a place in Tacoma/Seattle you can check out in person. Combing junkyards online kinda takes the fun out of it.

dangcookie
Wagoneer

Postby dangcookie » March 9th, 2016 04:01 AM

I'm definitely fired up to find a 4th gen wagon in Seattle/Tacoma with a rack! But based on what I've seen, maybe 1 out of every 10 wagons has the rack option. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. I would also be up to finding a local 4th gen with gray interior, since I have a few trim pieces that are cracked. :)
David in Seattle