Wagon Meet!

To include California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and the Pacific Islands.
SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Wagon Meet!

Post by SilverShadow » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:17 pm

I am up to organize a wagon meet for the Pacific people. Since I live in L.A., all I can scout is locations near me. It also makes it easier for me to manage the site as time get close to the meet. Look into locations around Southern California that has these attributes:
1. Free parking with lots of spaces that we can look at each others cars. Not lined up on side of road!
2. Easy to get to...no mountain areas or off into back parts of parks where you'd need GPS to find it. Most members wouldn't have to drive too far to get to it.
3. Grass and shade for a BBQ
I have the place....But the parking fills up super fast at 5am! (Balboa Park In the San Fernando Valley) Big park and I can look to see if they have a part I can rope/cone off.
Griffith Park is also good, but something happened to have Cam not there anymore?
The beach is ok..but too hot and poor parking.
Suggestions?
'92 LX Wagon-Steve - STOLEN (9/3/12)
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!

SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Re: Wagon Meet!

Post by SilverShadow » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Went to the Mobb meet during the weekend. The location Bonelli Park in San Dimas was really good for a meet. Only drawback is it is a bit far for some of you. Entrance to park is $10...any other places?
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!

BoyHLUB
Come on.. Ask me a Wagon Question

Post by BoyHLUB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm up for a meet definitely. Unfortunately I'm not all too familiar even with the OC area that has free parking and shaded bbq area. If there is enough interest and can find a spot, I'll definitely try to make it
--- Live for nothing or die for something. -John Rambo
'97 CE1 EX leather interior-Heather

BoyHLUB
Come on.. Ask me a Wagon Question

Post by BoyHLUB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Actually there is Mission Bay Beach in San Diego. I've been there a few times and plenty of free parking with some limited BBQ pits and tables
--- Live for nothing or die for something. -John Rambo
'97 CE1 EX leather interior-Heather

SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Post by SilverShadow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 pm

I like, hope wagonneers north of LA don't mind the drive. I have a great place in the San Fernando Valley that I had the last meet at. Problem was the parking. I can ask the park if I can cone off a section,from my experience, only less than 20 cars will show. If I can get some enthusiasm for this and know other wagons want this...I can make it work.
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!