WTB 5th Gen

To include California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and the Pacific Islands.
Mardi Gras
Wagoneer

WTB 5th Gen

Post by Mardi Gras » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I've been cruising craigslist unsuccessfully for a month, thought I'd try here.

Gotta be a 5spd, no major cosmetic issues.

I'm a good mechanic, if I do say so myself, but I'm really not looking for a project car. I'm looking for a reliable and spacious car to haul me, the dog and my stuff back to Texas when I EAS in April.

That being said, I'm gonna tint it and slam the bitch as soon as I get it. You know...for privacy and fuel economy and stuff.

Anyway, if anybody's got one, knows of one, I'd love to check it out.

repatten@gmail

Thanks.

SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Re: WTB 5th Gen

Post by SilverShadow » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:01 pm

So....Why did you post this in the Pacific section? Just post in the wanted to buy and ALL areas will see it. Since you still haven't put in a location...I'm sure no one who is anywhere will want to offer a wagon if you are too far.
We have a few here for sale... Hope you get one, join full time after that and be welcomed. I think the members take a cold shoulder to peep that search here only to look for a wagon and then poof gone. We are a tight club and love our wagons (hope nobody "slams that bitch" here) and members as you can tell...not a alternative to CL.
'92 LX Wagon-Steve - STOLEN (9/3/12)
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!

Mardi Gras
Wagoneer

Post by Mardi Gras » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:50 pm

SilverShadow wrote:So....Why did you post this in the Pacific section? Just post in the wanted to buy and ALL areas will see it. Since you still haven't put in a location...I'm sure no one who is anywhere will want to offer a wagon if you are too far.
We have a few here for sale... Hope you get one, join full time after that and be welcomed. I think the members take a cold shoulder to peep that search here only to look for a wagon and then poof gone. We are a tight club and love our wagons (hope nobody "slams that bitch" here) and members as you can tell...not a alternative to CL.
Good morning!

Looking through the member's rides photos I saw a lot of really good looking cars, most of which had been lowered to some degree. It really does improve handling and clean the look up, a set of quality lowering springs is probably my first modification. That's what I meant by "slamming that bitch". I can be a little ghetto sometimes ;)

As for my location, you're right that does need some explanation. I live on Camp Pendleton in SoCal right now.
Moving home, back to Texas in April. So I posted in both the Pacific and Southwest region topics, as well as the Wagon Stuff Needed. I did not see one dedicated to the buying and selling of whole automobiles. I don't know why a seller would be concerned with distance, picking up the car is my responsibility.

This really isn't an "alternative" to CL and I didn't refer to it as such. CL is a place where you can buy and sell anything from washing machines to women (not so far apart eh?), mediocre for cars sometimes. This is a community of people with an affinity for Accord Stationwagons. In hindsight I probably should have looked here first.

The thought that I would need to find a wagon first to be accepted in to your community is laughable. Not a community I would want to be a part of but I'm sure that attitude isn't representative of all members so I'm not worried about it. It is the passion for Hondas, the interest in Wagons that unites this group, not the VIN on the title in your filing cabinet. Certainly you must agree with that, as many posts as you have on here about your son's sedan?

I've owned more Hondas of these generations than most. I've repaired, torn down, rebuilt more cars in general than all but the oldest and crustiest of technicians. When people like us can get together it helps out the entire community and I welcome people knowledgeable in the relevant subject matter to every forum I'm a member of.
And that's quite a few, by the way. From d-series Honda engines, CBR1000RR interest groups, handgun and precision rifle forums, tech groups for writing custom operating systems for Android devices, to support forums for people with special needs family members and places where we all share pictures of our Boston Terriers...I am a member of at least a dozen special interest forums on the internet.

If one day after I buy a wagon I seem to have disappeared it's because I'm really freaking busy, not because I've abandoned you. Email is the best way to reach me :)

At any rate... I went and looked at a 4th Gen last night, up in Riverside, CA. JDM H22A, 5 speed, Pro comp 2 intake and throttle body, HID's, custom tune...the drive train was a wet dream. Unfortunately the body was hurting, paint gone, light seam rust. Interior looked like what it was, a 22 year old family car that had seen a lot of kids dogs and groceries. Just couldn't do it, and it made me sad. Would have killed for a project car like that in my youth but I just don't have time for it now. I need a nice looking 97 or 97 5spd...

-rp

SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Post by SilverShadow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am

Hey really sorry I came off that way. I truly apologize..I was wrong. I only thought at first you were one of those quick in quick out types. I was wrong and I do like all the things you said in your post.
Lets start fresh.....Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you in a slammed wagon! Sorry the H22 one didn't work out and I don't blame you for passing it up....too much hassle and time to spend fixing it up.
People ask me why I got another wagon after the first one was stolen: I really like the 4th G style. No other car comes close.
Well now that I'm not such a asshole ....Enjoy the search for your wagon!
'92 LX Wagon-Steve - STOLEN (9/3/12)
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!

Mardi Gras
Wagoneer

Post by Mardi Gras » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 am

No harm no foul man. I'm actually the same guy that just got one...from Oceanside/Camp Pendleton.