A/C not cold enough

Post any known problems with the 5th Gen Accord Wagon here.
Brain'sWagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Re: A/C not cold enough

Postby Brain'sWagon » July 20th, 2008 09:26 PM

ok this is my problem .. On my CD5 I put some freon and is was leaking it from the compressor ( 16mm valve on in front of the compressor ) I replace it and that fix the leaking :D But :sad: I put some more freon and it not cold not even cool checked the shut-off valve not helping. Someone??
^SOLD^

dj_gallito83
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby dj_gallito83 » July 20th, 2008 09:33 PM

how much freon did u put in?

Brain'sWagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby Brain'sWagon » July 20th, 2008 11:23 PM

I forgot to add tha I put one can and my friend gave me another can w/ the hose that come w/ the gages attach and the nettle was in the blue area ( it means that was "good") I didn't wana put to much of that one. So 1.5
^SOLD^

dj_gallito83
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby dj_gallito83 » July 21st, 2008 08:57 AM

so is everything good or still not good after adding to cans?

Brain'sWagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby Brain'sWagon » July 21st, 2008 04:44 PM

dj_gallito83 wrote:so is everything good or still not good after adding to cans?
still the same :sad:
^SOLD^

dj_gallito83
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby dj_gallito83 » July 21st, 2008 07:48 PM

hmmm...we need more info guys. i know it sucks wit no a/c. gotta help him out

grego
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby grego » July 21st, 2008 10:40 PM

im not sure what the rules are on linking to other sites here, but there is a DIY thread on HS which tells how to improve your A/C Temps: http://www.hondasociety.com/board/showt ... p?t=126275

Brain'sWagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby Brain'sWagon » July 22nd, 2008 01:53 PM

Anyone else??
^SOLD^

TcChino5
Come on.. Ask me a Wagon Question

Postby TcChino5 » August 6th, 2008 11:47 PM

i did the whole vale thing and it was cold for a while but one of the hoses kept freezing up near the firewall wich means the expansion vale is not working properly so thats my next thing to do. so it might be the same for u, who knows get that check also. or just turn your ac on for a while and when its starts trippin look under the hood and i believe its the highest hose going inth the firewall. it should b real cold.. do your vents get all wet sometimes??
Enjoy it while it lasts

edwin28
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby edwin28 » August 7th, 2008 01:27 AM

TcChino5 wrote:i did the whole vale thing and it was cold for a while but one of the hoses kept freezing up near the firewall wich means the expansion vale is not working properly so thats my next thing to do. so it might be the same for u, who knows get that check also. or just turn your ac on for a while and when its starts trippin look under the hood and i believe its the highest hose going inth the firewall. it should b real cold.. do your vents get all wet sometimes??

What do you mean tripping? It goes on and off on the A/C Compressor???

SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Postby SilverShadow » August 7th, 2008 03:03 PM

Can somebody tell me exactly how/where the cable or valve is? Got the Coupe blowing out hot as hell and it does it slightly even when not on. How do I check if there is freon in it?
'92 LX Wagon-Steve - STOLEN (9/3/12)
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!

dj_gallito83
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby dj_gallito83 » August 7th, 2008 06:04 PM

the valve sits right under the air intake. the valve is hooked up right to the heater hose that goes into the firewall. i think the only way to check for freon is using a guage.

wardandhiswagon
LT. Wagon to you !

Postby wardandhiswagon » August 9th, 2008 12:15 PM

You cant miss the valve. It enters the firewall about 8 to 10 inches under the throttle body. A little advice since i am an ac man and had a wonderful learningn experience. Well the wagon had working ac a while back but it didnt work well enough. The blower made a noise and i knew it wasnt right. So i pull one from the local junkyard and i go to change it out,,,,,,,,,,,,, The blower was full of random insulation. mind you im the third owner and both previous owners are in there 60's. So im about to put the new one in. Im happy beacuse you move more for cooling than you do heating. I notice my evaporator is covered in the same crap. 85% of the surface. Needless to say the ac works too well now.

You said the needle was in the blue while charging? Im not undermining you but was the car running? It also helps to keep it at about 1000 rpm while charging.

bobsnow
Wagoneer

Postby bobsnow » December 8th, 2008 10:29 PM

This problem is easy to diagnose. Turn the temperature control knob to the full cool position and don't turn on the AC. If the air blowing out of the vents is heated, then your AC will be trying to cool preheated air when you turn on the AC.

There are two cables that are activated by the knob. The first cable runs between the knob and the control arms down close to the floor. Sometimes this cable slips in the clamp at the lower end. Replacement cables have a molded end and fixes this problem.

The second cable runs between the control levers near the floor and through the fire wall to a coolant valve under the hood. This cable is too short and there is no provision for adjustment. The permanent fix is fairly simple. Removed the cable. Each end of the cable is coiled to fit over a metal shaft. Use a needlenose pliers to slightly uncoil the cable at each end, effectively lengthening the cable. Now, when turned all the way to cool, the valve will be completely shut.

Finally, the heater knobs have a tendency to crack. They are easily replaced, but the permanent fix is to slide copper pipe over the plastic to keep it from splitting in the first place.
94 Accord EX 5spd Wagon

shahriar35
Come on.. Ask me a Wagon Question

Postby shahriar35 » January 14th, 2009 02:12 AM

I want to make sure these are the parts we are referring to

94-97 HEATER BOX CABLE
Genuine Honda replacement part.
Part #2879544

94-95 4cyl TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE
Genuine Honda replacement part.
Part #2879542