How to remove 5th gen rear seats?

Post any known problems with the 5th Gen Accord Wagon here.
BoyHLUB
Come on.. Ask me a Wagon Question

How to remove 5th gen rear seats?

Postby BoyHLUB » April 12th, 2013 11:34 AM

I could use some help/direction on how to remove the rear seats on a 5th Gen CE1. I purchased the rear seats from a junked 95 V6 sedan and would like to bring them to a local upholstery shop to remove the leather and modify them to go on the wagon seat cushions. I was able to remove the two side upper cushions that cover the rear shock mounts, but I can't figure out how to remove the 60/40 uppers and bottom cushion. Any help or instructions on how to do this is much appreciated! John
--- Live for nothing or die for something. -John Rambo
'97 CE1 EX leather interior-Heather

ex-r-wagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Re: How to remove 5th gen rear seats?

Postby ex-r-wagon » April 14th, 2013 08:11 PM

Fold the seats down. on the lower outer corner of the back of each seat (#5 and #22) the backing pops up in a triangle (plastic clip holding it into the seat back frame) about 3" in. Underneath this part of the seat back you will see two bolts (#33) that hold a bracket to the seat back frame. Remove the bolts and then repeat the procedure on the inner corner of the seat back on the 40 split seat. Once the 40 split seat is out you will see a bolt (#29) in the middle support bracket holding the inner part of the 60 split seat. Remove it and take the 60 split seat out.
'91 Red EX-R wagon with ALL the factory options. '96 Green Lx wagon with an H22a 5 speed! What's better than one wagon, two wagons!

ex-r-wagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby ex-r-wagon » April 14th, 2013 08:14 PM

'91 Red EX-R wagon with ALL the factory options. '96 Green Lx wagon with an H22a 5 speed! What's better than one wagon, two wagons!

BoyHLUB

Postby BoyHLUB » April 16th, 2013 02:39 PM

Thank you ex-r-wagon! You wouldn't believe that there is no information on the internet that shows how to remove the 60/40 upper and bottom rear cushions. I googled forums and forums, but unable to find any instructions.

This is great I will give your instructions a try this week and update you. I saw your threads, that was a fabulous job you did with the rear seats! Did you ever get the door panels converted over? Fortunately mine is an EX with the rear hideaway center arm rest. Within a few weeks after the upholstery shop modifies the cushions and after I cut a couple of speaker holes in the rear panels, the full interior will be complete. I've only ever seen 3 CE1's with leather interior, yours included. Was leather even an option for the wagon at the time?

ex-r-wagon
Ruler of Wagons !

Postby ex-r-wagon » April 16th, 2013 09:00 PM

For 5th Gen Accords leather was only available on the sedan, wagons never came "Factory" with leather. Many dealers offered "Aftermarket" leather installation on most Accords including wagons.

Picked up a complete set of gray leather door panels from a 5th Gen V6 Accord sedan. Did a little repair job on a few parts of the front door panels and it's all installed.

Mx-rep

Postby Mx-rep » April 26th, 2013 07:57 PM

BoyHLUB

Postby BoyHLUB » May 6th, 2013 11:27 AM

Thank you ex-r-wagon! :supz:

I have the appointment to drop off all of the rear cushions to get the upholstery modification done and only took me 5 minutes to get the rear 60/40 seats out. I couldn't believe how easy it was with your instructions! I had no clue that the bolts were hidden underneath the 3 bottom "corner" wedges