How to disable raising RPM with electrical load

Post any known problems with the 5th Gen Accord Wagon here.
f22angel
Wagon Apprentice

How to disable raising RPM with electrical load

Postby f22angel » August 14th, 2016 06:46 PM

Does anybody know to do I quit my RPM raising when I turn the headlights on specifically, I already disconnected the ELD, it helped a little but I'd like to keep the same Idle when nothing's is turned on as when the lights are on, that is about 700.
-1994 Accord Wagon USDM EX
Image Image

John

Re: How to disable raising RPM with electrical load

Postby John » August 23rd, 2016 09:23 PM

I don't know of any way to do this. It's programmed into the ECU.

If you have a 1991-95, you could have the ECU chipped and a custom tune installed to keep the rpm constant. You could probably get this done for about $200, although you would have to send your ECU to someone online and there are a lot of scam artists out there.
1997 Accord EX 5-speed wagon (auto to 5-speed swap)

f22angel
Wagon Apprentice

Postby f22angel » August 28th, 2016 12:45 AM

John wrote:I don't know of any way to do this. It's programmed into the ECU.

If you have a 1991-95, you could have the ECU chipped and a custom tune installed to keep the rpm constant. You could probably get this done for about $200, although you would have to send your ECU to someone online and there are a lot of scam artists out there.

Yep Is an OBD1 1994, I'll try that! Thanks for your reply, I already got another problem, the car won't start it throws a code 15, I might need to replace the ECM :(
Image Image

John

Postby John » August 28th, 2016 09:13 PM

Code 15 is ignition output signal. It is quite common for the ignitor in the distributor to fail. You should start by replacing the ignitor. Easy but expensive way is to replace the distributor. Or, you can pull the distributor and do a small amount of disassembly and replace just the ignitor.

You can get the list of OBD1 codes here:
http://check-engine-light-codes.blogspo ... ieval.html
1997 Accord EX 5-speed wagon (auto to 5-speed swap)

f22angel
Wagon Apprentice

Postby f22angel » August 31st, 2016 01:44 AM

John wrote:Code 15 is ignition output signal. It is quite common for the ignitor in the distributor to fail. You should start by replacing the ignitor. Easy but expensive way is to replace the distributor. Or, you can pull the distributor and do a small amount of disassembly and replace just the ignitor.

You can get the list of OBD1 codes here:
http://check-engine-light-codes.blogspo ... ieval.html

Yeah I already replaced the whole distributor last week and it did the same thing, then I put back my distributor since there was no change, I didn't know what to do, I even thought it was The ECM, but this Sunday I took it apart then put it back in and the car started up again! Weird right? Then yesterday the same didn't want to start, then I took apart the ECM again and now it hasn't failed again, I'd like some kind of explanation to that lol
Image Image

Return to “5th Gen Known Problems”