dosent sound right

Post any known problems with the 4th Generation Accord Wagon
jerkk22
Wagoneer

dosent sound right

Postby jerkk22 » May 13th, 2012 04:12 AM

I just got my 1992 5speed lx wagon. I think it my have a problem. When I'm driving it just dose not sound like a Honda. It also seems like it dosent have any power. My 90 lx auto trans cb7 had way more power. I was wondering of there is a difference between the cars besides the weight that would make it so slow. My poor car sounds like a Toyota tercel. Lol poor car. So any ideals or advice on what I could check would be much apritiated. Thanks

SilverShadow
has the most posts !

Re: dosent sound right

Postby SilverShadow » May 14th, 2012 10:16 PM

I have a coupe as well as a wagon. Your assumption that a wagon wagon runs worse...is not right. Both cars (if almost same year) have everything just about identical. The weight is different of course, but should not be a factor to engine or even transmission, in a noticeable way.
I had both cars not tuned and yes, they ran even worse that yours. Coupe had a hole in muffler an sounded like a beat-up VW. Wagon couldn't even go up a freeway ramp!
You know what I'm going to say, but I will anyway. Get a full tune up and don't skimp on good replacements. Get that wagon up and look at exhaust.
After all that...I know you'll post a different...tune
'92 LX Wagon-Steve - STOLEN (9/3/12)
'92 LX Wagon-Steve-New
2000 EX Coupe -Joe
ACCORDS ALL THE WAY!